I love my Cub Scout. However, I tend to let me husband take care of the scouting responsibilities! Somehow, though, I volunteered to plan my Cub Scouts Blue and Gold Banquet…. (I always somehow manage to get myself into these things).
The cub scout Blue and Gold Banquet is a highlight for our Cub Scouts and we want to make it as special as possible for them!
It ended up being a success!! I was thrilled with how it turned out, and I wanted to share what we did if you find yourself volunteering for such craziness.
Ideas to Decorate for a Successful Blue and Gold Cub Scout Banquet
1. We alternated the tablecloths – blue/”gold” – as well as alternating the plate colors. Instant color and contrast that is appealing to the eye.
2. Our Blue and Gold banquet theme was “Camping with the Scouts” so we had the scouts make some “fires” with stones, tissue paper, and a tea light – they are glued to an old CD.
3. A picture booth!!! Luckily, at our venue, the back wall was blue so we taped an array of blue and gold balloons into a rectangular fashion. I had some great props. (You can find picture booth props in the birthday supplies). One was a lumberjack party kit and we used the props except for the birthday sign. It had a compass, a lantern, trees, and other camping type props that go along with the camping with scouts theme.
Another fun cub scout post: The 13 Essentials for Hiking
4. Mason jars for table decor. We had a call to action and parents and family brought these in. I filled them with blue and gold paper filler I got at the Dollar Tree. Then I printed off Cub Scout signs and glued them to wooden skewers and placed them in the jars.
5. Make food part of the tablescape. I set small bowls of trail mix on every table.
6. A themed cake. Kroger had a fantastic camping kit for the cake. And their cakes are actually delicious.
Have you ever planned a Cub Scout gathering or Blue and Gold Banquet? Let me hear about it! Do you have questions about anything we did? I’d love to help you throw a successful banquet! I am also looking forward to having another successful Blue and Gold banquet in 2019!